I was unable to download my vehicle specs using the VIN alone. I will keep trying. In the meantime, could anyone spare some time and knowledge about the following, taken from the plate on the passenger side of the engine compartment. 

Model # RN44L-KDA 

038LT42G92W42

22R 2366cc

OK, the last line I get. (Interestingly,  I have seen various numbers for the cc's.) It is the meaning of the first and second line that I would like to know more about. Particularly engine, axle and chassis specs if these numbers specify. Also, 1 or 2 row timing chain? Date of Man. - May '83. Right in the grey zone the 22R. 

Yes. I have the original 5 lug. The GVWR is 4650 - 2905 rear and 1850 front. Rig is as originally built (no AC anywhere, no gennie, etc) so I assume I am at or slightly under the limit. Will weigh it once I'm out of quarantine. Enough said. Any info you care to share. Just getting to know my rig.  It's a 18ft Sunrader. And yes, I am looking at axle solutions and have read the wise advice about options posted here. Thanks in advance. 

Thanks Derek. I will double check again in the morning on the axle code. The link to the engine specs is great. Of course it shows two possible timing chains. Will keep reading to see if it's possible to know from the ID numbers. I have the number from the block but I'm not sure if that will help. As near as I can tell it's J760918. I will have another look at that tomorrow as well. 

OK. Read the fine print. It the single row. Thanks again for link. 

Thanks Linda. Once I clicked on the part number in Derek's link it showed the production dates. Definitely the single row. Will be getting the tensioner checked. I'm at 80,000 miles. 

Thanks Linda. Once I clicked on the part number in Derek's link it showed the production dates. Definitely the single row. Will be getting the tensioner checked. I'm at 80,000 miles. 

Thanks again Derek. This info will be useful when I'm discussing options on the axle rebuild or replacement. Will double check my codes after my third coffee. Self isolation pace of life. 

HiHi Derek. You were correct on the code : G292. Thanks again to both you and Linda for your prompt and detailed replies. The link will be an on-going blessing I'm sure. On a journey without leaving the driveway.