Sunrader Adventure (pop-top) Fantastic Fan Install help-

kevinchinook

I have a 1986 toyota sunrader adventure(pop-top). I really want to put a fantastic ceiling fan but given the large fiberglass pop-top I have no idea where the internal supports/beams are. Anyone have decent ideas on how to make the hole as painless as possible? I was going to try to use a studfinder but unsure if that would work.

20190428_110907.jpg

I'm trying to understand why. Are you trying to get more ventilation when the top is down? When it's up and the windows on the canvas are open there's a natural chimney effect that draws air in through the windows. If you want more movement a 12 volt fan like this can be clipped up top or even clipped on so it's blowing right at you. No damage and extremely cheap. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/12V-DC-Car-Electric-Oscillating-Fan-Portable-Cooler-Clip-For-Vehicle-Van-Trunk/355207373

If you really want a hole in your roof a fantastic fan only weighs about 12 lbs. Supports not needed. Just in case there are any metal supports in there you want to avoid them. Use a stud finder

Linda S

Does it have a vent in the roof? If it does then a fantastic fan can be used in its place.