Sunrader Cabover material?

TravisJ

Hey All - what was the original material used in the Sunrader cabover area?  When I got mine it was already stripped down to the fiberglass, from the transition behind the seats all the way up to just above the windows.  I am planning to put down carpet tiles on the main flat bed area, but am not sure what I want to do on the area up around the windows.  I just redid the marker lights and re-seaIed all 4 windows.  I cut some laminate pieces to put up, but am not liking the way they are fitting/looking so pausing to rethink things.

Anyone know what got put up there originally?  Also interested in what other people have done. 

--Travis

So you have the flat front windows? If so here's a picture. Those came with a carpeted ceiling and it looks like they extended the carpet all the way to the front. Sides appear to be paneling. Window area looks like paneling too

01313_558Nfu8VWJM_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

If you do have the wrap around front windows they are paneling ceiling and sides

Linda S

Thx Linda.  Yes on flat front windows, and the ceiling is upholstered.  It just stops now at the top of the windows.  Some type of soft good going in there I think.

Ok so I replaced the fabric in front of a Tiger XL I used to own. Same two flat windows as yours and fiberglass shell. I put up reflectix first for insulation and then a nice velour headliner fabric, has a foam backing. Used regular 3m headliner spray glue. The thing is I had the windows out at the time. Put up material and then cut the holes for the windows each time. That way I was able to get a smoother end result and a perfect fit. There are some tricks to doing spray glue too. Spray both surfaces and wait a minute for it to set before you put the material in place. Start in the middle and work out. Don't overspray the fabric. If it soaks through which it can, your going to need another piece of fabric. Leaves a very nasty glue stain. Ask me how I know. Luckily I bought lots of headliner fabric. Sorry I don't have pictures. If taking windows out is too much, make a pattern. Heavy brown paper works well. That way you can adjust or remake until you get it perfect before you cut material. 

Linda S