LED marker lights

TravisJ

Anyone had any experience with these lights?

https://www.amazon.com/partsam-Clearance-Reflector-Rectangular-Rectangle/dp/B00VGIAX66?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_15&th=1

I installed them to replace the corroded, broken, manky front marker lights and am having issues.

I replaced the old wiring between the lights, kept everything wired in parallel like it was before with the incandescents.

Hooked them all up and turned on the lights, only the first 3 lit up.  So I checked the connections on the last two, then went back and tried them again.  Now nothing comes on.

I am getting 12V at the start of the wire run to the 5 lights, but not sure what happened from there.  

You don't need current limiting resistors or anything like that do you? I figured that these are capable of dealing with the variability in current with the parallel wiring, but am I wrong on that front?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Lets see, did you solider or use Scotch Locks?? Got the polarity right on the leds? Got 12v at the first light in the daisy chain?

1 hour ago, WME said:

Lets see, did you solider or use Scotch Locks?? Got the polarity right on the leds? Got 12v at the first light in the daisy chain?

Used butt splice connectors, polarity is correct (3/5 lit up initially), and yes have 12V at the beginning of the run.

If you have 12v at the first light, it should be working. If you have 12v where you spliced into the Toyota wires thats different. Check the ground for the lights, old Toyota's are very bad about having poor/bad grounds

LED's are finicky about polarity. Swap the wires and see what happens.