Tire question

Iflyfish

My tires are 9 years old, they look good. They are 185/14c 8pr102/1000 tires. The RV sits for long periods of time. 

I have been told that the ODOT, Oregon Department of Transportation has a 9 year age limit on tires. 

I also apparently do not have extensions on the inner tires fill valve. I'm going to address this. 

Do you think I need to replace the tires? No cracking and look good.

These seem like an odd size, what do you think? If I replace them any recommendations what size, source? 

I have read the prior posts on tires.

I found these on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/303504294379?chn=ps

Thanks a lot! This has been such a great group for me! I have learned a great deal and appreciate all the help. 

Iflyfishrollingtires 

Edited by Iflyfish
add link

Its mostly your butt on the line. Most of use get nervous at 10 year old tires. Reality is 12-14 years is probably OK for local stuff, I would be nervous about going to Baja or the East coast.

Occasionally driving the Rv and warming up the tires will redistribute oils in the tire and the tire will last MUCH longer than just being parked.

FWIW I just did did the big bite on my Winnebago this winter for the now COVID 19 cancelled, leaf peeping trip this fall. The in use  tires were 11 years old and had 50% wear and 21k mi. The outer tires were starting to show micro sidewall cracks.

Tires for Toyota's are one of the big deals, $$ vs $$$$ for my Winnebago. Check the age/condition of your spare, use one of your in use tires as a spare if its better. My spare was 17 years old and had never been on the ground

14 minutes ago, WME said:

Its mostly your butt on the line. Most of use get nervous at 10 year old tires. Reality is 12-14 years is probably OK for local stuff, I would be nervous about going to Baja or the East coast.

Occasionally driving the Rv and warming up the tires will redistribute oils in the tire and the tire will last MUCH longer than just being parked.

FWIW I just did did the big bite on my Winnebago this winter for the now COVID 19 cancelled, leaf peeping trip this fall. The in use  tires were 11 years old and had 50% wear and 21k mi. The outer tires were starting to show micro sidewall cracks.

Tires for Toyota's are one of the big deals, $$ vs $$$$ for my Winnebago. Check the age/condition of your spare, use one of your in use tires as a spare if its better. My spare was 17 years old and had never been on the ground

I appreciate the input. Very helpful. I had a 2006 Winnebago View for a number of years. Great rig but repairs very expensive compared to my '87 Sunrader! Fuel injector blower went out in the View and cost me three grand! Traveled the country. Oregon to tip of Baja twice, Florida, Canadian Rockies, South West, British Columbia etc. It was a great RV. I hope you are enjoying yours and stay safe and here's to great adventures to come!  Thanks