Printed information on toyota models

rvplease

This site has so much information that I may have missed it,  are there any published guides giving general information for the various coach builders, or for specific builders, with some history, model features, specs., buying information and tips for maintaining/ fixing specific models?  If my search for a short Sunrader fails, I'll be back to square 1, and this info. would give me a place to start a new search.  Thanks!

Thanks Derek, that's too bad, based on the interest in these you can argue that Toyota rvs can be called legendary, certainly collectable, and it seems that a lot of vehicles less in demand have their own buyers guides, and books written about them.  If members of this site sent in some basic information about their Toyotas, dimensions, production figures,  quirks of the model,  that thread would be very valuable for people looking to buy, and just a hoot to read for the other members (almost bought an Odyssey Americana until I looked at the rubber roof, had I known it had one I could have saved a trip to Maine)...

44 minutes ago, rvplease said:

Thanks Derek, that's too bad, based on the interest in these you can argue that Toyota rvs can be called legendary, certainly collectable, and it seems that a lot of vehicles less in demand have their own buyers guides, and books written about them.  If members of this site sent in some basic information about their Toyotas, dimensions, production figures,  quirks of the model,  that thread would be very valuable for people looking to buy, and just a hoot to read for the other members (almost bought an Odyssey Americana until I looked at the rubber roof, had I known it had one I could have saved a trip to Maine)...

What’s the issue with a rubber roof? My 1990 odyssey had one and it was in wonderful shape when I pulled it off. 

The issue I've seen on the few I've looked at was that with not great care they weather then leak, more than the aluminum or fiberglass roofs I've looked at.  It's too bad because the rear dinette models have that great back window....

26 minutes ago, rvplease said:

The issue I've seen on the few I've looked at was that with not great care they weather then leak, more than the aluminum or fiberglass roofs I've looked at.  It's too bad because the rear dinette models have that great back window....

yeah mine is the rear dinette and an awesome layout. I think I’m going to keep the rubber roof design, they seem to do alright from what I’ve seen

rubber roof many new rv s pull trailers anyway have rubber roofs . they seem to work well . just like anything else some matinence once in a while .I had a 1978 Toyota 18 foot motorhome that someone put a rubber roof on . and covered over the front cabover window  and the whole top . was old no matinence but still ok. my son has a 23 foot Jayco late model trailer  with that . it is commen ly used to reroof old metal roof full size trailer homes  . my nebier said it fixed his metal top double wide good,

Edited by 5Toyota

A shame you passed up on an Americana. They are a beautiful RV. Rubber roofs are only a problem if they are never taken care of. I have seen metal roofs destroyed for the same reason. Even a hard Sunrader shell can leak if roof vents and air conditioners are not sealed on a regular basis. The roof will survive, yes , but the ceiling and cabinets can end up on the floor. 

Linda S

Thanks for the info. on rubber roofs, as you all said, good maintenance is needed no matter what.  The Oddessy I saw in Maine was great, but luckily I saw it in a driving rain storm, and the back cushions in the rear dinette were so wet that my shirt got soaked when I leaned back.  But the engine and all the other mechanical stuff was spotless.  I was just afraid to take on this kind of project.  I think it sold for $12,000...

On the printed material, thanks Derek, I'll just keep digging through internet sites and going through posts on this site in particular.  Be safe-,