Smoke/Propane/Carbon Monoxide detectors

Royal

Our "Turtle" has no detectors of any kind. 

What are you guys running with?  I'm a bit overwhelmed with so many choices.  

Anxious to get ready for the post-Corona life.  

Bump.

I posted this a couple of weeks ago and got no responses.  I know some of you could help me avoid a poor selection on my part.  Please help.  

There really isn't a poor selection. Most of them are made by MTI who calls them Safe-T-Alert. I found lots on Amazon and eBay. Prices looked better on eBay. Atwood makes some too but they seem to be very pricey. Having a dual alert for CO2 and propane ups the price some too but some were reasonable at around 50 bucks. Helps to find where your original one was located. You need to determine whether it was surface mount or flush. I think most Sunraders had surface mount like mine. There should be screw holes where it was mounted and a hole in the center where the 12 volt wires came through. You need to find those wires and see if they still have power. Multimeter will help you find positive and negative and installation is pretty easy. I managed to install one in mine way back when I first got my Sunrader and still didn't know crap about RV's so I'm betting anyone can do it. I know enough about RV's now to know mine is totally expired and should be replaced. They are only good for 5 to 7 years

Linda S

Thanks Linda.  Ordered one.  Hooking it up will be no problem for a country boy like me.