1985 22RE battery relocation

Royal

HELP please:  I have a 1985 21' Sunrader 22RE Monterey model 210RKB. There is a pull out bed/sofa/couch just behind the driver with a lot (relatively) of potential storage to the front under the couch.  But it is nearly inaccessible for this 78yo body on the floor and the access door is very small.  So, I am considering cutting the fiberglass shell just aft of the drivers door and mounting a 13x36" cargo hatch.  The area under the couch also is where the coach battery box is located.  I would like to move the coach battery to under the hood like my brother's 83 Sunrader (22R) which has both batteries under the hood on either side of the radiator.  But, the location of his coach battery is where the air box and MAF sensor are on the RE.    

Moving the coach battery would give me a nice outside-accessible place to put "stuff" under the couch.  Relocating the coach battery would be no problem for me.  But first I need to move the 22RE MAF and air filter.  

If anyone has done this or has any suggestions for a very compact passenger side mounted MAF sensor and air filter assembly while retaining the passenger side battery, I would appreciate your input.  

...and if there are any snakes in the grass that I should consider, please point them out.