Looking to buy Toyota Sunrader

Flip

I have a Sunrader but the small one too little for a family. Sunraders are getting close to impossible to find. To find a manual transmission one you would pretty much have to stick to 1985 and older. After that they are very rare. Other model Toyota motorhomes tend to be a bit bigger so you would have a little more room. All I can say is start looking. If any Toyota motorhome comes up for sale near you go look at it. Takes a while before you now what the signs of damage are and maybe you would at least have the chance to drive one. They are not quick like a modern vehicle and some people don't like that

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

A "larger" Sunrader just came up on this site, the person is asking for advice on what it should sell for she is in the San Francisco area(?).  As Linda said, the small one is definately small, but to be sure you know what's what maaybe someone can share with you the dimensions for the small and larger Sunrader, and measurements, for the dining area in the Rear dinette, the bathroom dimensions, sleeping areas, if both the smaller and larger ones are the same width, this should help you get clear on what to look for, having said this, I'm sorry, but I don't have these dimensions, but maybe other folks on the site can help with this.  Good hunting-

One of the Sunraders advantages is NOT (large) size compared the 'full-size' Toyota Motorhomes.

Inside height is usually shown as 6'-0"'

Inside width is also a bit less. (78" vs 80")

AFAIK, the extra 3' of length is in the 'kitchen'. Dinette & bathroom appears to be the same.

1987 Specifications.jpg

25659617_517666801949175_1058625777957188755_n.jpg

Thanks Derek, all of the members of this site seem helpful and informed, but you and Linda seem to know everything worth knowing.  The fact that the difference in length is in the kitchen and the dinette and bathroom are the same is great news, and makes me think that the 18 foot model is what I should be looking for (a lot like saying that I've decided that the smaller unicorn is the one to find).  We just got back from Nevada, where I actually saw a 21 foot Sunrader and a 21 foot odessy americana parked together on the street, both with california plates.  That was a dream, even though they weren't for sale, now we are back home in upstate New York, so great 18 footers will now show up out west.  Thanks again, Nick.