Sunrader Specs

I am hoping to swap a shell from a sunrader onto a 1st gen Tundra. Has anyone on here done it before?

I would also like to ask if anyone can give me the length of the sunrader shell where it meets the truck? I wanted to compare the sunrader with the length of the tundra frame. 

I have thought about axle swapping the tundra to 1 tons to hold the weight of the shell and for legal load capacity. Anyone have an opinion on that and/or if I need to do it or not?

Thank you guys!

Well first thing you need is a giant balance beam scale. Put the Sunrader shell on one end and gold bars on the other. This will give you an idea of cost😵.

If you Google Toyota Tundra/sunrader rv there a few pictures.

The critical dimensions is the length of the shell from the front of the lower shell to the center of the wheel opening vs the distance from the back of the truck cab to the center of the rear wheel.

The one I recall the builder had to cut, splice and lengthen the truck frame to get every thing to match.

Good luck

I don’t think that’s Derek’s build but here’s another one for your consideration!

47B05080-92EE-4A25-9A87-449BFE0B34D2.jpeg.5a3b928138f236e66b171d758f73ffe9.jpeg

So Derek ya got a set of those line drawings for a 2002 Tundra?