Hi everyone, 

I hope that you are staying safe and well. I am still working in the over-cab and trying to get the joint to reattach. I applied new butyl tape between joint and over cab, bought new stainless steel screws. It been impossible to join . Can someone tell me how they did this please ! Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the section from front of cab. I removed this piece and bought new Stainless steel screws. Also I replaced butyl tape too. 

Then the issue is, that it won’t join ? 

The 3rd photo is from inside, showing the gap. 

When the screws go in all they are catching is the floor of the cab over. I don’t think that’s how it goes. Should I place wood on the inside along that seam?

Thanks

09E50441-936C-440A-9993-859DD1C20C96.jpeg

E2E42448-E87C-4D12-A83E-7E900DBF3991.jpeg

458C7687-4A55-4B4A-9C38-DE143D6EFA3F.jpeg

995B41D0-4C01-4075-93CB-23AEC7DE1E6A.jpeg

The wood that those screws would go into is probably rotted out? 

When I cleaned up the cab over there was layers of 1/8 wood over the insulation . That must have been where the screws were grabbing. I have wood that fits under the aluminum frame , should I add that or just replace the insulation and 3/4 marine plywood and see if the screws will catch that wood?

open to suggestions/experience and thank you 🙏 Hunkaman, Derek, and Odessey 

Edited by Sandune24
Left out thanks

Thank you Linda I needed confirmation. Derek butyl tape and Dicor on screws.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside photos, I glued a piece of wood across where the screws from outside wasn’t grabbing. I need to get a nut set for my drill so, I can attach and close the over cab once and for all ! 

Inside I can visibly see rot on the aluminum floor of over cab. Photo 2 what should I fill them with before I lay the insulation?

262C8A36-F7A7-4376-85E5-F5BFF3B1DA7D.jpeg

0CCECC31-B044-4B55-BC0F-7BFF2AC57AE2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sandune 24!  I have a similar problem but not in the front but along the  bottom side of the over cab( not good with how to take pics and post) where it has pulled away in a section.I'm thinking I have an area where screws will not hold as well but trying to figure out how to access that area from inside to see what I need. I'd like to see if I can fix it myself without taking to someone who charges 90 dollars/hr labor.  Sure could use some help.  Stay safe all.

• 3 months later...

Ports I am still looking at this eyesore from inside my cab!! I decided to go with stainless steel deck screws. I let you know how that works out.