LEAK, unable to find where it originates

Charlesgm

My 1990 Odyssey, has a leak somewhere between the cab and the carpeted vertical portion behind the cab.  It shows up on the carpet, about 1 to 1.5 feet above the wooden base of the couch.

it is damp at that spot and wet down to the base of the couch. (couch upholstery portion is removed for this) I have checked all around the outside but can find no obvious water entry. This leak only occurs during rain (which I guess is obvious).

Any thoughts??

• 1 month later...

I am not sure, but I think the leak was coming in through old cracked vinyl seam filler.  I bought a new roll for $12 and replaced all the old vinyl inserts. I noticed while replacing the inserts that some of the screws were rusted.  Hopefully this solves my problem.  Of course living in Arizona, the rain has now stopped for the season, so I will have to wait.

Thanks for your concern. 

True, but it acts as shedding of the water. I am not totally sure that was what was causing the leak, more later (when it rains). we do not have serious weather like I am sure you do, but we do have excessive sun which bakes plastic to the point of  dissolving into little pieces when touched.  I am sure those rusted screw heads had something to do with the leak and the plastic will at least shed water away from them.