As a newbie here I want to encourage others with DIY aspirations to consider bondo for its many excellent uses.
It's a cheap alternative to epoxy and it's great for filling gaps in almost any material. It sets up very quickly and can be sanded soon after application.

It's great for creating curves in those difficult to finish areas when everything seems out of whack and a straight line is as elusive as a sunny day here in the PNW.

I am currently building a couple of upper cabinets and using bondo to fill that often difficult space where the plywood meets at an angle that needs to be softened.

Over and out for now, Rick

Thanks Derek.

I used it in various places inside my Chevy Express van conversion three years ago and have not seen any cracks.
It's plyable, sandable and holds paint well. Not using it for structure, just filler and great for curves and difficult areas.

I agree with your Bondo use. It can be used  for wood repair so it's probably fine. Cracks are usually caused by incorrect mixing or application. Anything that can be used to repair a racing boat has to be able to withstand extreme impact and still has some flex. Can't think of any other substance he could use to mold a curve that would be as strong

"

Bondo uses
Bondo Body Filler cures fast, shapes in minutes and is formulated to be a non-shrinking and permanently durable material. In addition to its uses on vehicle exteriors and other metal surfaces it is also a suitable repair option for wood, fiberglass and concrete."
Linda S

Thanks Linda.
MIxing up a good batch of epoxy paste is probably best, but you can't beat how cheap bondo is and how easy it is to work with.

There are a lot of mixed reviews on the web, but many pros use it regularly with great results for a lot of different projects.

For more 'structural strength', use one of their reinforced products. Less likely to crack.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/Bondo-Glass-Reinforced-Filler/?N=5002385+3293242372&preselect=8711351&rt=rud

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/Bondo-Hair-Long-Strand-Fiberglass-Reinforced-Filler/?N=5002385+3293241078&preselect=8711351&rt=rud

Epoxy resin is also brittle. That's why people use it with fillers or fiberglass cloth/mat.

Yep Kitty fur and Tiger hair have been around a long time in the speed business.

On my last trailer I used Duraglas to fill in holes and make the window holes a little better fit.  Water proof and easy to work with.  I am filling the battery hole in the rear of my Sunrader this week and am thinking of top coating it with duraglas as a final sanding coat before paint.