Installing aftermarket cruise control?

Royal

My '85 Toyota Sunrader (22RE, A43D, G292) does not have cruise control.  I have been considering the Rostra 250-1223 unit and would appreciate any comments or advice regarding this unit or any other that might be preferable.  

Frankly with a 22RE it won't be much good it's just barely adequate with a V6 there is just is not enough power for the weight to hold a steady speed.

I understand the problems with the vacuum systems, but thought that one of the electronic systems would work well in the relatively flat southeast US where I plan to do most of my RVing.  No?

The problem is lack of power it will constantly try to downshift on any hill you maybe OK on dead flat land.  

It will work, BUT your right foot is way smarter. The medium size rolling grades are going to cause the CC to down shift at full throttle to maintain the set speed. Also no OD

Also depends on if you plan on doing freeway driving. At freeway speeds the wind is essentially a hill. The faster you go the steeper that hill is with a high vehicle like a motorhome. Over 2 hundred dollars to install cruise control on a 22re is a complete waste of money. Just drive

Linda S

Instead of C C has anyone tried putting in a hand throttle? It may work better, this is old school cruise control!

OK.  I've got the message.  Cruise control is off the list.  Thanks all.