While driving in western VA back in Oct 2019 we blew a fuel line.  We were fortunate enough to have it repaired and were back on the road within an hour.

Since this has happened the 22-RE has been almost impossible to restart when the engine is hot.  Once the engine cools completely the engine will start but takes a few more cranks then it did before the fuel line blew.

I have googled this over and over and can't find much that would explain the problem.  I have since put on 3500 miles and am only seeing this issue.  Any suggestions???

Edited by bkerr101@hotmail.com

It possibly could be that the cold start injector valve got some debris in it (from the failed fuel line) that prevents it from closing when hot.  This would lead to an overly rich mixture when hot but would probably not affect cold starting as much.  ???  just a thought.

51 minutes ago, Royal said:

It possibly could be that the cold start injector valve got some debris in it (from the failed fuel line) that prevents it from closing when hot.  This would lead to an overly rich mixture when hot but would probably not affect cold starting as much.  ???  just a thought.

Thanks so much!  I will Google this!  My fuel economy has been all over the place so running too rich might be the case!

Before you go spending money on parts have someone check the fuel pressure it should be around 35 psi. That is the benchmark for any fuel injected engine once that is established you can move on.

33 minutes ago, Maineah said:

Before you go spending money on parts have someone check the fuel pressure it should be around 35 psi. That is the benchmark for any fuel injected engine once that is established you can move on.

Thank you!  I will check that first!