Top windows make it COLD to sleep

gringostar

Hi

My girlfriend and I took the mini cruiser out in COLD January. We slep up top on the twin bed. But she was closest to the windows and she complained that it was COLD next to those dual windows. So next night I slept next to the windows and it was fing cold. They let in a lot of cold. Any ideas? Insulation? I have them covered full time with blackout curtains but that doesn't keep the cold out. 

If it's a twin you don't have much room to work with. Reflectix wrapped around the whole top bunk will help a lot but hard foam insulation board will block more of the cold. Cut to fit and tape corners. Reflectix under bunk is a good idea too. 

Linda S

• 3 weeks later...

I found out too its cold at night in the winter and my heater was going all night trying to keep up. I ended up going to home depot and buying this 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Tech-1-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-R-3-85-Insulating-Sheathing-320821/202532854

its cheap and cuts easy and you can Velcro it to the windows. i put shiny side out. now that it is getting warmer i noticed it keeps my rig cooler inside. my curtains cover the foam board so you dont see it and from the outside it looks like foil. I may just keep it up indefinitely

My furnace doesn't run all night now either. 

I made up simple insulated window panels, not for cold, here in Florida the windows act as solar collectors!  This is 1/2 inch insulation, simple wood frame and some material.  The front window is permanently mounted and the side windows are hinged in case we want fresh air.

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG