My 87 Dolphin with a 22RE has started sputtering and stalling once the engine is up to temperature. After the motor has been idling for about 10-15 minutes the sputtering begins and ultimately ends up shutting off.

Below I will list everything I have tried doing to resolve the issue.

Just so everyone knows what led up to this happening

• I had a mechanic attempt to replace the A/C Compressor. They were unsuccessful and placed the old compressor back in place. 
  • While replacing the compressor they replaced the valve cover gasket as well. The problems then began. (Could be completely unrelated...I don't know.)

This is what I have tried to do since the mechanic worked on the dolphin to fix the problem

• Replaced the entire distributor
  • Replaced the spark plugs and wires
  • Replaced the Ignition Coil
  • Replaced Oxygen Sensor 
  • Ran Seafoam High Mileage through the motor and gas
  • Tried to loosen the belt on the old AC compressor to see if possibly to much tension was on the belt

Most mechanic shops here in Austin will not take in the RV because of its size. I had a mobile mechanic come out to my house, could not figure the issue out and gave up. This is why I have tried all of these replacements. 

If anyone has a clue to whats going on I would greatly appreciate your help! Also if anyone knows of anywhere in Austin, TX that could help me that would also be amazing!

Thanks yall!!!

These are always fun to diagnose, any idea of the last time the fuel filter was inspected/ replaced? Fuel pump? 

also, curious how they failed regarding a compressor install? It’s a pretty straight forward process unless they couldn’t locate the correct compressor type. Maybe they cut a wire on accident or a ground? 

Check your codes. No tool needed you just count blinks. Lots of instructions online with trouble codes. There are some  sensors that can cause that type of  malfunctioning. Bet your mobile mechanic didn't do that either. Your rig has a computer, use it

Linda S 

Ok assuming this all started after the compressor incident I would have a good look at the valve cover instal there are a lot of vacuum hose involved including the pvc if they disconnected or poorly installed they can create a vacuum leak leading to rough/stalling idle.

This is a YGTBSM moment but take the valve cover off and check the half-moon plugs. Possible but more like what Maineah said a messed up vacuum hose.