Called Sacramento spring to set a date for the new springs. They said they would most likely scrap the sway bar, as it won’t be necessary once they strengthen everything up. As with shocks, they also said they would measure once the springs are back on the rig and figure out something that works.  They seem to have done quite a few of these Motorhomes in the past and really know their stuff.  Thanks for the rec Linda. 

Yup.  I am going to see what they recommend and go from there.  They did confirm that they way it is set up right now is incorrect and should not be left that way.  If need be they can figure out a sway bar system after everything is back to level, but they seemed confident that it will not be necessary.  They also convinced me to keep the front stock level, and only slightly raise the rear.  Maybe ill bring up air shocks while I am there this friday.

With leaf springs and dual wheels and a short wheel base  it's kind of doubtful it would accomplish much any way.

You can easily reverse the sway bar. Mount the cross bar to the frame and connect the arms to the axle. Look at the front end setup.

Edited by WME

• 2 months later...

Never did update on my suspension work.  Thank you Linda for the rec to go to Sacramento Spring.  They hooked me up with all new custom leaf springs for a fraction of what I would have paid to have them custom made and shipped out. Now it is all leveled out and back to factory ride height.  We ditched that rear sway bar between the springs as well, put on new tires and man its like driving a new car.

This weekend im going to rebuild the rest of the front suspension and steering linkage, i have most of the parts collected.  Then its on to the inside.  Ill be back to look for some advice when the time comes.  Thanks again for all your input.

rader 2.JPG

rader.JPG

Yeah were lucky to have a shop like that in northern Cal. I have a feeling there are shops like this all across the country but people just don't know about them. 5toyota told me about a place called White Front Shop in Yakima Wa that can do springs like this and I know one of our members found a shop in the Midwest, can't remember who. Hunkaman I think. Skilled workmanship is a thing that needs to be preserved that's for sure. 

Linda S

• 5 months later...