Alternative diesel heating

Gulfstream Greg

Thanks Greg. Looks like an interesting option.
Living here in the PNW I like this option for the dry heat as opposed to propane's wet heat.

Rick

Edited by canadasunrader
answers

Most sleeper over the road tractor trailers use diesel heaters. All though they were gasoline old VW's had gasoline heater options only because they were cold as an ice box in the winter. I liked my propaine heater biggest complaint it was Noisey!

Edited by Maineah

I have not gone further than the video on research. Just have no time. Maybe someone can research all the options with details. I know that some boondock  rigs are also using diesel stoves. My big question is, are these diesel appliances more efficient than propane, less fuel volume and cost per gallon vs propane? 

For the tiny bit of fuel a heater takes I think comfort would come before cost. Especially with the heater itself going for so cheap. What I don't see is how the exhaust gets vented. Kinda important but on my Sunrader it would be mounted against an outside wall so I'm sure it wouldn't be too complicated. About time I got back to some Sunrader projects.

Linda S

There are dozens of videos showing installations. I watched many a year ago or so. Don't remember any specific to ToyMoHomes.

My 2 comments?

- Another energy source to carry: gas, propane, 12v, 110v solar and now diesel? :)

- I'm a bit wary about installing a piece of combustion equipment from some anonymous Chines source. Some might well be good quality and safe. But how to know which one? For all I know, they all come from the same factory or from thousands of little shops with zero Quality Control. :)