A/C Compressor Issue 87 Dolphin

N-Hubb

Hey everyone! I really hope someone can help me out with this issue I am having with my A/C Compressor on my 1987 Toyota Dolphin. What looks like the clutch cover has come off of the a/c compressor and is slightly cracked (as in photo below) The A/C is currently not working. I have no issue with replacing the entire compressor, I am just having a hell of a time finding the correct compressor to replace it with. I have attached photos of the compressor and what I think is the a/c compressor clutch cover to this post. I will list the part number that is on the compressor below. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

On a blue sticker it reads "DKS 15BH"

On a red sticker it reads "509618-5703"

I have searched these part numbers but cannot seem to locate the compressor with the correct bolt mounting placement for the motor. 

This 1987 Toyota Dolphin has the 22RE motor w/automatic transmission.

20200117_154122.jpg

20200117_154111.jpg

20200117_154056.jpg

20200117_154051.jpg

20200117_154105.jpg

I had the same issue, and actually same exact compressor. This thread may be of help from when I replaced mine...

Before you go and order parts make sure the compressor actually turns. If the compressor failed there is trash in the entire system read big bucks.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, Odyssey 4x4 said:

I had the same issue, and actually same exact compressor. This thread may be of help from when I replaced mine...

I just cannot find a compressor that matches like you did on eBay. I've tried looking up the same diesel Kiki bh15 but am having no luck!

There has to be some type of compatible compressor, maybe pull that compressor off and stop by an Auto AC shop and get their opinion? 

15 hours ago, WME said:

I saw that one too, not sure I'd want to trust it! 

4 hours ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

I saw that one too, not sure I'd want to trust it! 

Maybe so, but I posted it so that the OP can see what he has. There are remans available on EBAY, the $$ are from 250 -500. The quality may be as varied as the prices.

You need to see a photo of exactly what you are buying, that model number has at least 2 different hose/charging ports setups. The OP photos show that his has been converted to R134 with an aftermarket kit. You have to wonder if that conversion was plug n play or was done properly.

22 hours ago, WME said:

Wow this sucker might just do the trick. It looks identical to what's currently on the truck. I really appreciate your help! And everyone else's help. I will probably buy this and give it a go!!!!

2 hours ago, N-Hubb said:

Wow this sucker might just do the trick. It looks identical to what's currently on the truck. I really appreciate your help! And everyone else's help. I will probably buy this and give it a go!!!!

I do a LOT of buying and selling on Ebay. Know that since he listed it as "new" this guarantees it should be fully working and functional. If you get it installed and something is up with it you will be covered by Ebays buyer protection program and good for a full return.