Hey 

Went to Pep Boys today. They gave me a quote of $600 for four new shocks. ($360 parts + $240 labor). Is it even worth it? The Toy has 85k miles. It's a bit bumpy. Anyone get new shocks? 

Most of us have replaced the thrashed OEM shocks, With KYB and Bilstein being the top choices.

Shock ware house has a set of 4 shocks...good... Monroes $142, better... KYBs $145 and best  Bilsteins for $320.

$240 labor yikes, do you have ANY wrench skills??? Tools??? Safety stands???

Shock replacement is a long way from Rocket Science.

I'm guessing Pep Boys is selling Monroes which is not such a good deal. IF they are selling Bilsteins then the package isn't to bad of a deal.

This old lady has replaced shocks on several cars. Like WME said, it's not rocket science or even difficult. Helps to spray with lubricant day before. Liquid Wrench type stuff. Nice jack stands at Harbor Freight are cheap. One wheel at a time and double them up

Linda S

When I did my shocks and steering stabilizer,  I put on KYB shocks and the only available steering stabilizer was a Monroe.  After 4 years the shocks are fine.  The Monroe stabilizer has failed already,  they did replace it under warranty but must say I am not impressed with Monroe quality!