Has anyone considered putting a 3-4 inch lift kit on? I need to replace my rear leafs and I was considering just doing the whole suspension instead to really beef it up but I don’t know if those are built to handle the extra weight or what else I don’t know 

2 hours ago, Rgates said:

Has anyone considered putting a 3-4 inch lift kit on? I need to replace my rear leafs and I was considering just doing the whole suspension instead to really beef it up but I don’t know if those are built to handle the extra weight or what else I don’t know 

Well, your axle tube rests above your leaf springs. A traditional lift kit will lower your ride height not increase it.

The only thing you can use would be air bags and (or) shackle extensions.

19 minutes ago, fred heath said:

The only thing you can use would be air bags and (or) shackle extensions.

Or springs with more arch.

Shocks are designed with a 'working range'. A 3"-4" lift will require a longer shock. Similarly, air springs have a 'working range/ride height'. You'll need to add spacers with a lift.

image.png.064532b907c9c58c5d4b4ba446263e52.png

A 3 to 4 inch lift is going to wreak havoc on your handling too. Several members here have gone to 4x4 leaf springs which offer a little lift within your shocks range. 

1979-1988 Toyota Pickup | 1984-1989 Rear Leaf Spring - Medium Load 2" Lift by Old Man Emu (CS009R) Weight: 41.0000 lbs
$106.70

1979-1988 Toyota Pickup | 1984-1989 4Runner Rear Leaf Spring - Heavy 2.25" Lift by Old Man Emu (CS010R) Weight: 52.8000 lbs

Linda S

$118.34

Hello im new to the group. Im currently converting my 2x4 sunrader 21ft to 4x4. So far its going good. Not sure if anyone else here has done anything like this?