1989 Itasca front window glass seal

Pogoskm

Hey guys I am looking for a little help. I have full timed in my Toyota for 3 years now and started to get a leak in the front windows over the cab. I pulled then out and am trying to replace the rubber glass seal. Any idea where j could find a replacement online. Took it to a couple glass shops locally and they seemed like they wanted nothing to do with it so I am gonna do it myself. The last person who worked on it used silicon which I know is not right so I just want to do it correctly. Any input would help. Thank you 

image0000001_01.jpg

15783205857337230433663266360064.jpg

The leak was more than likely coming from the lack of butyl tape, however since I have the windows out I am just trying to replace everything I can to make it as new as possible. It turned 30 this year, so we are trying to make everything as nice as we can 

Picture while we were upgrading the running lights to LEDs. On the left you can see all the nasty old silicon , on the right I scraped it all out. This was right before I took the windows out completely 

IMG_20191126_120210_01.jpg

Your dealing with 2 seals and a trim piece.

The frame is sealed to the house with the butyl tape . The window is sealed to the frame with a small bead of urethane auto glass sealer.

What most people think is the seal is actually just a trim to hold the glass in place while the urethane sets and to make things pretty.

Make sure the frame weep holes are not plugged.

Edited by WME

• Derek up North changed the title to 1989 Itasca front window glass seal