Water heater leak....

bvsajjan

You can replace the tank but it maybe to your benefit to replace the entire unit I don't believe it's a huge amount more. It will come with all the gas parts, temp controls, safety valves, insolation etc. Some tanks required a special tool to install the tank to the back plate retainer. If it's a direct replacement it's an easy job but things become a little more complex going from one manufacturer to another. The biggest issue is the fact the tanks do not drain from the bottom so any yuck lays on the bottom of the tank and rots them out.

I replaced my ATwood water heater this spring. I bought it online at a place in Texas, forget the name but they shipped it free. It was easy to replace. Not worth replacing just the tank. I looked at various options and ventless heaters but glad I went the traditional route - it was a plug and place effort and happy with the result. I just bought the cheapest manual type and I didn't want to draw any extra power and mess with wiring. I gotto go outside and light it and then it runs fine unless I need to move the rig. so i shut her down and move on man. Good luck

Here is where I bought mine https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-appliances/rv-water-heaters/atwood-rv-water-heater-parts

Edited by frontboat