Attempted Hot Wire

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all. 

So , today I am walking my dog and had some more gadgets for my Toyota 1987 Escaper. I enter through the cab and see that things were thrown throughout the cabin. Now I know someone was got into the my Toyota! Empty gas container was disassembled and the gas gap was taken off gas tank and placed inside. I get to the cab and find my whole steering column busted with wires cut and hanging everywhere, see photos. My question is how do I put this back together? I had just put that club on maybe 2 days ago 🙏👣

F650EFC2-9CC7-4321-9458-E3C2B32042CB.jpeg

D1290EC1-4B59-4564-8450-7E2F5F6F6307.jpeg

0418A2DA-81F2-445E-8CBE-88303E4D7B39.jpeg

09007ACA-5371-4FF2-8FAC-A23C6EEFB360.jpeg

33B2E878-3048-46F0-89FA-380563B36A1C.jpeg

7B81FEEC-94C6-4204-9BB2-B27EB9AA622D.jpeg

0F888439-F5E5-431C-B43D-3FB2C349343C.jpeg

Make a police report and contact your insurance company. That won’t be a cheap repair.

If your toy is in a secure storage facility, their insurance company would probably be liable.

Hi Fred, Insurance, police and mechanic notified  . Now the issues are where to get replacement parts. Thank you for your reply.

That's not a bad as it looks, if the wires come up too short a new ing. switch will have longer wires.These are the easiest to use for that type of repair they can be cut individually to fit in smaller spaces. Related image 

The heat shrink ones are fine but not necessary in a reasonably dry environment. The barrier strip is a nice mechanically tight connection and requires nothing more that a stripper and a screwdriver. If insurance is footing the bill replace the switch and have someone else do the work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’m happy to report the insurance adjuster is going to look at Toyota Escaper this coming Monday at my mechanics. Yay!

On 1/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, Sandune24 said:

Well I’m happy to report the insurance adjuster is going to look at Toyota Escaper this coming Monday at my mechanics. Yay!

Thumbs up!