Sneaking into the garage

Totem

Keywords height air bags tires pressure psi AC 

so i have a Barn the entry garage  door is exactly 8 feet tall.. stock sunrader shows 105 inches (8.75 feet) with no AC as it rolled out of the factory... but what is our REAL height with 35 year old leaf springs and bags at 20 psi?

I was surprised to learn my rig came in at just under 8 feet tall not counting AC.

could i get it lower by cheating?

tomorrow we will see... i plan to drop bags to 10 psi (not recommended by manufacturer) then drop tires to 15.  If lucky i may sneak into the barn if not the AC comes off.

Well i had to remove the AC and the bathroom vent as well as the toilet roof stack cap... but i got it in. Dropped all air out of bags, dropped rear tires until they kissed at 10 lbs.  now if only someone made low profile vent/shrouds....

lowest profile one i could find was still 2 inches closed which is 2 more than i have. I suppose i could just caulk some plexi glass in and have no vents or AC... nope time to build a lean-two 

lol, love the approach.  Maybe buy smaller tires, set up a low rider suspension? 

Hey jack up the barn - or lower the ground/concrete at the entrance.

I also am moving to a house with a barn, we'll likely attach a lean-to or carport next to barn for our rig.

Edited by tstockma