Alternator is failing questions and concerns

hamkid

39 minutes ago, hamkid said:

B4D68A19-0DCB-4C75-92D3-B6DD2126338A.jpeg

These are the mechanical issues that can cause a person to go insane! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That actually looks like a good joint if moving it around changes things then yes it is suspect. That looks factory can you follow it further? I can't make the photos work and explanation work again I'll try later.

Edited by Maineah

Pretty sure that was the problem. Charge light on dash turned off. Charge circuit fuse shows power. Battery charges. When the lights and cab heater are on it does not charge as well. Should I clean the splice or consider making a new one?

Check the end of the wire hanging down under the washer motor. See if it has been shorted out, Burned etc. If so you might can cut it off close to the end and replace.  The motor may be shot also. Good Luck.

Edited by Homer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. Everything is working. Except now the coach lights don’t work. I haven’t check anything else in the coach but the lights were working before all this. Any idea what I should check?

No relation to the alt. They are fused somewhere near your converter depending on the converter the fuses may even be inside of it.

Because the alt is over driven (turns faster than the engine) the belts need to be bow string tight with very little deflection  1/4-1/2" in the center or they will squeal.

Tightened stopped squealing. Thanks. The headlights not working rite on passenger side. Much more dim than driver side and no high beam. Any ideas?

Edited by hamkid

You sure the wires are connected properly? Copy the colors and possion from the other lamp.

So both sides each have a yellow and green wire, but one side has a white wire and the other has a black wire. When I crimped the new spade connector on I did not use the correct crimp tool. I ordered the one I need and will see what happens once I have a better crimp.