Adventures of Sparky the Nissan diesel Sunrader

tropicstar

Greetings to Sunrader RV enthusiasts!

I picked up Sparky the 1986 Nissan SD22 diesel Sunrader last friday from Kane Pennsylvania elevation 2,200 feet. 5 inches of snow and 20F. i drove to walmart first 2 install my 6 new Hankook truck D rated 8 ply sidewall tires. Thank you to all your advice. sparky handles better on the road with those thicker sidewall tires. 358 miles the return trip was. lots of fun and adventure and a few small repairs on the way. Sparky on the waterfront in Solomons Island Maryland. Sparky at new waterfront private campground storage at a friend's house. we arrived to Sunny Southern Maryland and 57f temperature Sparky was named by previous owner Mike Doty a new friend. many thanks Mike for selling me Sparky I am looking forward to many future Sunrader adventures. All is fun in a Sunrader! the best choice for a land yacht adventure!

20191108_151059.jpg

20191110_104229.jpg

20191110_104630.jpg

20191110_122003.jpg

2 hours ago, linda s said:

Looks in beautiful shape. What a find. Let us know how the power is. I know early Toyota diesels are pretty much slugs when attached to a motorhome

Linda S

Hi Linda

plenty of power on flat ground and gentle grades running 55 to 60 no problem but the steeper long grades on highways she pulled around 45 to 50mph

but steepest grades on country roads with no previous speed gain were 35 to 40mph so a turtle in the mountains but that was where I picked her up. most of my driving in coastal flat areas. I spent $92 on fuel so about .26 per mile on fuel.  I haven't calculated the miles per gallon yet I still have to ad that up. I'll let you know. her diesel is only 2 2liter Nissan SD22. I'll keep you posted on mileage I get.

she has 6 lug on front rims also.

she didn't have a house battery I have one to install where is the best place to install a house battery at the ac/dc converter in the camper?

20191110_123651.jpg