Liking at 12volt lithium batteries 

sold on Amazon for $99.00

has any one used them as house 

batteries, any recommendations 

for deep cycle batteries I use two?

Lets do some basic math.

The base line is a 24 series battery it is rated at 75-80 AH, weighs 45 lb and cost $100. In reality its usable AH is around 40AH

The LiFe you posted,

You would need 7 to reach 42 AH at a cost of $700, weight would be 15lbs.

The LiFe is all about energy density, not $$

LiFe batteries need a matching charging system even more bucks. The 7 amps are used in stand by emergency system such as short term lighting exit signs.

Edited by Maineah

I've had this little baby bookmarked so I can buy it when it gets down closer to $700.

I've done a bunch of research on LiFePo4 batteries, there's a guy on YouTube who has a lot of info on solar, batteries, and such.  His name is Will Prowse, and using some of his reviews and other information I think this is the best option/price for me.  There are cheaper 100AH options out there, but then you're looking at some that are "built", and no probable support, no good circuitry and temperature protection, yada yada.  I'd suggest you go with a 100AH MINIMUM, one that fits in the space you have, and a brand name so you can have some support.  And don't forget a good BMS (Battery Management System), brand name batteries have them.

What is the need for all this power? Just asking it kind of seems  people want to take their entire house with them when they go camping what do you really need? A month out on a single battery charge? The first place to start is within the motorhome it's old it is low tech replace everything that resembles a light bulb save 6 time the power on lighting put accumulators on the pump reduce the pump  time 50% turn the heat down to 55 blankets are cheap. Maybe it's just me you're not living in this thing enjoy go outside enjoy wherever you are that's why you parked there. Don't overthink it. Live simple to simply live. Rant compleat. 

2 hours ago, Maineah said:

What is the need for all this power? Just asking it kind of seems  people want to take their entire house with them when they go camping what do you really need? A month out on a single battery charge? The first place to start is within the motorhome it's old it is low tech replace everything that resembles a light bulb save 6 time the power on lighting put accumulators on the pump reduce the pump  time 50% turn the heat down to 55 blankets are cheap. Maybe it's just me you're not living in this thing enjoy go outside enjoy wherever you are that's why you parked there. Don't overthink it. Live simple to simply live. Rant compleat. 

I see people doing all sorts of math trying to decide how much power they should get, and then covering their entire roof in solar panels and having "battery banks" and comparing minutia like if it's better to have mono or poly solar panels, etc..  And then deciding whether a 600W, 12V system is good enough or whether they should go 24V, and the pros and cons.  

I agree with you, it's too much.  

I think having a 100AH battery with a 100W solar panel is enough and comprises just a basic system.  I charge my electronics during the day so they're fully charged at night.  My lights are all LED and really, are not the problem, they draw next to no energy.  For me, the deciding factor has been boondocking in 28-degree weather overnight, with my heater set at the lowest setting (mainly to keep my stuff from freezing and having burst pipes or me getting pneumonia) and the heater fan and heater ignitor cycling periodically at night, enough so that I wake up with my battery at critical (because you don't really get 100AH from a sealed battery; you get half, usually).  In other words, not having any reserve power at all.   That's why I'm willing to spend the $$$ to get lithium and get 100AH "usable".

I'm a sissy, I don't like getting colds, what can I say?  Ha-ha.  

I've lived in tents in Thailand, Philippines and just to keep things balanced also Korean winters and Northern Japan... My idea of extreme roughing it, is B&W TV.

I've changed all the lights to LED, My wife uses a CPAP at night and requires 65 deg at night (shes from Hawaii), so the heater runs at about a 30% duty cycle at 32 degrees and 50% duty cycle at 0 degree.

Ive got 2ea  GC 2  6v 235 AH batteries and a 280w solar panel. I've been down to a 60%  charge after a very cold night. With clear sky's and the high elevation around here, I'm fully charged by 2:00-3:00 My total costs are about the same as just 1 quality LiFepo4 100ah battery

Edited by WME

If you are living in a camper and expect to heat it with a furnace you're going to need power if you know your going to be in a camper in the winter without commercial power then it mabe a good ideal to heat with radiant propane catalytic heat good ones have make up air as part of the system. Camper heaters are real energy hogs in every respect they make up for inefficiency with massive BTU's so they don't run constantly and battery power to make the air move. Propane tanks are excellent storers of immense energy. I have heated my MH with a small Mr Buddy not ideal but it does work. Not being a masochist I tend to camp in cold weather next to a powerpoint I have built a electric heater sourced from a bathroom fan system hiding inside of a small storage space. Very quiet and controlled by a line voltage thermostat I can not sleep through a RV heater running. A few years back large motorhome manufacturers had the bright ideal of using battery power for things like AC units and heat it was a colossal failure they decided generators worked a lot better.