Newbie: Is this a pricey Odyssey repair?

daveemac

Hi, first-timer here, looking for a full-time rig.

I've got a line on an Odyssey in great shape w/lots of new parts, but it has an open seam in the rear passenger corner.  Can someone please give me a guesstimate of what this would cost to repair, and is it DIY'able?  THANKS!

(Of less concern are a crack in the back and missing wood in the front corner.....but it would be great to get feedback on those as well.  Thanks again!)

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.21.31 PM.png

Resized_20191102_193617.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.27.32 PM.png

Difficult one to respond to.   Not being able to look at it in person I would assume there is rot.  You will not know how much rot till it is opened up. Having repaired is difficult to estimate as we do not know how much rot there is nor where you will get it done. I would figure in the thousands to be safe.  I do not recall anyone posting what they payed to have work like that done.

DIY is the same elusive answer,  I have done rot repair but do not know your skill level or resources.  I have seen many people that knew very little, had few tools and poor places to work do the repairs.  Depends on your level of enthusiasm and willingness to try.

Go to You tube type in RV rot repair, look at a bunch of videos and determine if it is something you want to tackle. 

If I had to pay to have that done I would spend the money on a better unit, unless they payed me to haul it off.

Not to be misconstrued as expert or professional advice only my opinion, which is worth what you are paying for it.