Sunrader rear dinette - 18' vs 21'?

Annie

I originally posted this in the wrong place, but I think it should be in forum?

I've been a guest for a while now, and have been researching the Sunrader for years, and hope to buy one soon!! I am narrowing in on the Sunrader with the rear dinette, and I have a question about the two different lengths that I'm hoping you all can educate me on. It seems that I've read that there are/can be problems with the 21', or that problems can come about while driving or handling or controlling it, and I would like to know more about that? Possibly concerning weight, balance, the 3'extension? Also, if you could choose between the 18' rear dinette and the 21' rear dinette, which, in your opinion, would be the best choice?

I can't say I've ever heard there's a problem with the 21' beyond being that much harder to squeeze into a standard parking spot. Having no experience driving both, so can't really comment beyond that. Weight difference? Not really sure and largely depends on how much junk owners load on board. Here's a poor little (1982?) 18' with a GVWR of 4650lb. With only 20% of the weight on the front wheels (instead of the typical 33%) and an extra 2' hanging out the back, I suspect the handling is affected.

34689909_1607841022675971_4159328238767702016_n.jpg

1200 lb over GVWR.jpg

What on earth did they have in that Sunrader, bricks? I weighed my 18 foot Sunrader once at a farm scale. Has to be accurate and gets tested frequently by the state. Fully loaded with camping stuff and some water and gas I came in at 5260. The only difference between the 18 ft and the 21 foot is space. 18 footer would be suitable for 2 people max. If kids or dogs are required a 21 foot is a must. 

Linda S