1991 Toyota Itasca

onesik86

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the forum and also a new Toyota Itasca owner. My wife’s uncle recently gave me his Itasca that’s has low mileage (86k). Interior is in pretty good shape but the outside is in need of some desperate repair. It has damage to the filon siding in 2 places. Back corner where shower is at and the front overhang where the bed is. My main question at this time is repairing the filon siding. Can I just buy sheets and replace them or do I have to repair what’s there? Second it’s a 1991 with the Toyota 3vze 6 cylinder engine. When buying parts for the motor and say brakes/suspension what year of Toyota pickup do you use for the part stores to find the correct parts. All help is greatly appreciated. It’s a big project but will be well worth it in the end. 

C692CE82-5E3C-4C1B-9618-1521A133B25C.jpeg

Congrats!. Do you got more pics to post?  I've had good luck with finding Toyota parts related to the pickup model that it is.  Meaning, I did not have to do any special/custom ordering.  I've only worked on the fuel lines, tank, pump, filters, plugs and keys.  I've not had to work on the rear-end.  I did pickup some airlift air bags that are different than what Toyota and Dolphin produced.  

1 hour ago, onesik86 said:

I tried to order a couple parts at my local auto parts store but they didn’t list anything for a Toyota Itasca

If you are trying to find parts for the pickup/truck portion of your rig you need to tell them the year of the "Toyota Pickup" frame  that you have -  the Itasca company built an RV on top of a 'Toyota Pickup' (1-ton).  Itasca only refers to the camper portion.  

Not Tacoma.  Tacoma's started in 1995. I think yours is like most of ours, Toyota pickup.  Your registration should say model name. 

Full discription...1991 Toyota Pickup C&C DRW 3vze 3L V-6. C&C means cab and chassis. DRW, dual rear wheels. Winnebago just added the house. Everything should be a standard pickup, until you start to do things to the rear axle, then the C&C, DRW and 1 ton Full Floating rear axle are needed descriptors .

P.S. Winnebago, Itasca same people

Edited by WME

7 hours ago, WME said:

Everything should be a standard pickup, until you start to do things to the rear axle, then the C&C, DRW and 1 ton Full Floating rear axle are needed descriptors .

This applies to 1986/1987 and newer Cab & Coaches (C&Cs) with Dual Rear Wheels (DRW). There were also C&C SRW (Single Rear Wheels) with 5 lugs front and rear.

image.png.ff5e42b178928515fb4ab7285ba6b96d.png

Other areas with differences (with the Truck/Hilux) are the front brakes/hubs, exhaust, hand brake cable and ECU.

Just for the record, AFAIK, Toyota never called the C&C a "1 Ton". The 1-Ton' was a SRW Truck with 5 lugs front and rear.

1986 1 Ton.jpg

1988 1 Ton.jpg

2ca3ff28f0cd68c1929c989c1d40ebb6.jpg