Schematics for ‘91 Winnebago Warrior

Jeffrey

Howdy Folks

I have a ‘91Winnie Warrior on top of my Toy rig and I was wondering if there might be a way to locate (website with illustration) the vertical “studs” on the sides and rear walls of the coach and what kind of wood, if that is what was used back then, and the width of the material. 

I once had a number of solar panels on top (7-50w) that I built a wooden frame for, and attached to the top surface (which I have since removed and sealed the top)

S7300032

and now I’m looking to have an aluminum frame fabricated (lighter) and I would like to attach the solar roof rack to/through the sides, near the top, at the front, center and rear, and I’d like (to try) and have the bolts go through the exterior wall, through the “stud” and through the interior wall and throw a plate on them, washers and a nut, more or less. 

I took a chance with the original set-up, with the weight issue, but through all the days, months and years, it worked out just fine. But now I want to take 3-185w (555w) panels, from another cargo trailer of mine,

S7300138

and place them topside attached to an aluminum rack where the panels and rack will be lighter, more concentrated, area wise, and with more wattage. At least that is the plan. I know weight top side can be an issue, but hey, if I can secure the rack and the panels, I don’t mind living on the edge.

I’ve had pretty good luck ( knock on wood) with panels and trailers in the past, and I love the off-the-grid lifestyle.

Solar Airstream_2..

Edited by Jeffrey
Wrong photo

Thanks, DuN, I’ll have to look at this closer, when I’m not driving. I do see some indications that there is “lumber” in there. 

Wow, looks like that “Spirit” lost its spirit. Torpedoed!

I recently saw an ad on CL for a ‘90’s Warrior that had low mileage, ran well, but the coach had some significant issues. $2k obo. I wanted to get it for the sole purpose of removing any usable parts from the coach, removing the balance of the coach and using the truck and chassis as a “work” truck. However, it sold the next day. Has anyone seen a Toy without a coach, out on the roads? It would probably need to be a SW rig and garaged if back portion of cab was not covered. 

I have the same year Warrior, 91 and I can tell you forsure since the previous owner had some sort of mishap that resulted in the awning being torn off. Underneath it right at the edge where roof meets side exists a factory metal studs frame that runs the length of the coach, I know the frame is not entirely made of metal but that part does forsure so I'd guess the same for the other side. That would give you sóme good anchor points and piece of mind holding your panels.

Speaking of our Winnebago Warriors check out these decals I had made up! I've got 2 sets up for grabs if anyone is interested pm me. Thís is just the proof but the dimensions are listed.

Screenshot_20191003-045237.png