The end of my emergency brake light switch has apparently broken off.  Now when I release the emergency brake on my 1991 Odyssey, the dash light stays on.

I have tried a number of auto supply stores, including NAPA, as well as some online sources with out success.

Does anyone have any other sources?

CHARLES

• 2 weeks later...

This post on the yototech discussion forums has links to factory manuals, depending on your year, look this over & see if any of them fit.  Factory manuals will give you manufaturer's part numbers to take to Toyota.  https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/links-factory-service-manuals-part-numbers-102344/

Read following posts...apparently Toyota issued some take-downs.

Edited by tstockma
accuracy

Be advised it is linked to your brake reservoir if the fluid level is low the parking brake light will stay on. 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, Maineah said:

Be advised it is linked to your brake reservoir if the fluid level is low the parking brake light will stay on. 

Agreed.  I've been driving my '90 Dolphin in cold weather (Idaho, Oregon, Washington) and all of a sudden the parking brake light would stay on for some time after I released the parking brake, and then seemingly at random it would go off.  I thought it was just cold weather causing the switch to stick.  I even checked the brake fluid level and it was in the "low" line, not a big concern.  A few days later I stopped and got some brake fluid and topped it off to the the "full" line and the light no longer stays on, problem solved. 

Well d*mn on those manuals being gone - I wouldn't think Toyota would care about pubs that old.  Might have to see a dealer, although I'm finding my dealer in Denver doesn't do well on '80s vintage RV platforms anymore...

Hey these switches might be pretty universal anyway.  Maybe pull the switch & walk into a Napa.

Edited by tstockma

NAPA showed 15 different switches, so they asked me to bring the switch in.  I tried and tried but go not get it out, so I had a mechanic remove it.

THEN, I got the post saying check your brake fluid,  and yes it was low, we topped it off and the light went out.

Many thanks for that, to bad I did not know that before I paid a mechanic to take out the switch (and reinstall it)

CHARLES

Little hint it is a good indication it's time to have a look at your front brakes pads. As the front pads wear the space is filled by the master cylinder so as they wear the fluid level will drop. If the cylinder is filled before the pads are replaced it may well be over filled when the pads are replaced because the fluid is pushed back into the cylinder.