1987 Toyota Sunrader 4x4 turbo 5 speed dually GREY WATER TANK SENSOR

S.rents415@gmail.com

You must have not owned this rig very long. Most of us get by just fine with no working monitor system. 21 gallon fresh and 16 gallon grey and 9 gallon black, you know if you need fresh water that the tanks need emptying. I wonder if Dr. George in Sacramento has any of the old ones laying around. They have tons of older stuff there. Worth checking out just for odds an ends in the future. 

http://rvdoctorgeorge.com/

Now for the important stuff. I'm going to need to see a picture of this full factory dually. Sunrader only upgraded 1 4x4 Sunrader ever and it was an 86. 

You have got to be a little careful some sinks etc drained into the black tanks. I kind of like knowing what's in the tanks at any given point so I can adjust accordingly before I leave. 

8 hours ago, linda s said:

Most of us get by just fine with no working monitor system

She has a good point.  The sensors have never worked in my rig and you can keep up with how much water you have used by keeping track of the volume of fresh water that you put in.

I 'manually' monitor my fresh water tank by shining a flashlight into the side of the tank.  I can see a corner of the tank through a door hatch under the bench seat and I can see the level of the water that way.   I know from experience what the typical ratio of grey/black is and so once I've put a certain volume through the fresh water tank I know it's time to find a dump station.

Upgrading to  SeeLevel monitoring system is on my to-do list but pretty far down in priority because I've never really had a huge issue with keeping up with tank levels based on manual monitoring.

All that being said, if your monitoring system is generally working and it's just that one sensor that busted then it's worth getting a new one.  It might also be fairly easy to repair as I think those sensors are pretty crude.  You may just have to figure out a way to reconnect that wire to the existing foil piece and you may be back in business.  It might solder on with proper surface prep or you might be able to otherwise get a decent electrical connection between the wire and the foil and see if it's working.

• 2 weeks later...