Reverse light switch

Utah-Clay

I want to hook my backup display and camera to come on when I put the beast in reverse. I have the camera tapped into the reverse light at the rear but the display is presently in the cigarette lighter. I would like to tap into the reverse circuit in the cab or on the transmission but I cant find where the switch is located. I looked at the service manual but I couldn't find any indication of the reverse switch. Any ideas on where I can tap into?

1 hour ago, Utah-Clay said:

I want to hook my backup display and camera to come on when I put the beast in reverse. I have the camera tapped into the reverse light at the rear but the display is presently in the cigarette lighter. I would like to tap into the reverse circuit in the cab or on the transmission but I cant find where the switch is located. I looked at the service manual but I couldn't find any indication of the reverse switch. Any ideas on where I can tap into?

What year is your rig and what type of transmission?

Yes would be helpful. I set up a gropro camera but as ran while I was driving I found myself looking at it too much and almost went of the road. Had to disconnect it but if I could wire into the reverse light switch then I could hook it up again.

If someone has a wiring diagram including this circuit that would be very helpfull. I could not find this circuit in the diagrams in the factory service manual.