Proud new owner of my Dad's 1986 New Horizon - got it home just fine with no problems couple weeks ago, but yesterday made the mistake of turning on just the parking lights & using the turn signals.  The left turn signal immediately quit working.

So, despite my great admiration for Toyota (I've owned 4, earliest was a '70 Corona, so I've had early ones), I'm losing just a bit of it.  Owners manual led me to the small fuses behind the driver's kick panel, no turn signal fuses listed there.  I think I do see 2 flashers by that box, so I can try swapping those.  I found the beefier fuses in the box by the battery.  Pulled the glove box, found the heater (and probably A/C) fuse.  Sigh .... that kick-panel box in particular seems quite poorly done, removing the kick panel on a dark & stormy night to find fuses seems particularly unfortunate ...

None of the labels leads me to think I've found the turn signals.  I tried pulling headlight fuses just in case, no luck.  Are they wired into some other circuit which aren't obvious in the labeling?  The truck owner's manual didn't help find these either...

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Thank you , Derek, that almost gets me there - nice to see the circuit diagram.    I get the impression the fuse box itself is "left" on this diagram (after turning the diagram clockwise - I see the incoming wire about 1/3 of the way down the page, and "use (4-5)", and suspecting there's an "F" just barely off the page.  (Also good to see there's just one flasher, not separates, for turn signal & hazards.)

Any change your book shows which fuse actually feeds into this circuit?   ....I'm attaching the cabin fusebox cover.

toyo_cabin_fuse_cover.jpg

******   HEY WAIT A SECOND  *******

My engine compartment's fuse box has a 10amp marked "HAZ-HORN".  Your diagram shows the hazards driven from the same circuit as the turn signals.   

I will pull that fuse tonight after work & see if the right turn signal stops (it's working now)...that would tell me 2 things:  1) that fuse indeed drives the turn signals, and 2) a fried fuse is not my problem    :  ( 

Thanks, I'll try that out.  If your book seems to show hazards/turns/horn all on the same "feed", that also confirms this.  

Edited by tstockma

Some tinkering with the turn signal switch has the left turn signal working again, but I guess I'll keep an "unreliable parts list".  Seems likely this is only a temporary reprieve.  Thanks again Derek for the diagram.

LOL "final answer" of the question, which fuse?   The community at yotatech.com came up with it.

The "Engine" fuse in the driver's side kick panel fuse box, powers the turn signals.

Yep, I agree!  Might try some electronic parts cleaner/lube spray into the existing one, but it'd only be delaying the inevitable....