Window channel replacement

viviangirl

Hi Ya'll! We are total newbies and are doing our darnedest to fix our Bonnie up right. She is a 1987 18' Sunrader that we bought already gutted. 

The question of the day is what is the size and where is the place to buy window channel (with weep holes) for the windows and the flat railing for the screen windows to glide? 

I already bought the wrong channel, so I would truly appreciate some links to the right size and vendor. Thanks so much in advance! In the pics you can see they are brittle and really unsalvageable. 

IMG_9368.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

Can you not get some u shaped metal same size as runner then drill some holes for weeping. Holes for weeping could be reamed out buy a special drill bit (not expensive) bought a set of 5 for £7. Aluminium would be my first choice of metal as easy to work with but not forgiving of a heavy hand.

Hi Linda, 

This is the window that I need caulking sealing on; the one over cab. No water damage.

7FFD0BF9-9E37-4A2B-AFB1-4C4E8A5CD2F0.jpeg

Hi Linda, 

i apologize for the threads getting twisted together. And have read the posts, that have been given gratefully.

i will do my best to keep discussions in the appropriate feed. Thank you for guiding me 🙏

37790DC2-2377-491F-B352-0C029177CC7C.jpeg

4EF3D5BF-E0B0-442A-AC12-534FACB4AA1A.jpeg

Those windows appear to be Hehr. There 2 seals on those window. The brown rubber thing is NOT a seal. The window is sealed to the frame with a automotive urethane adhesive. The frame is sealed to the RV using butyl tape.

So the drill is to remove the brown rubber strip, AKA glass glazing bead. You need 2 people or lots of  duct tape for the next move. Using a razor blade or fillet knife, from the inside cut between the window and frame. Carefully start in a corner and push the window glass out of the frame. Then use a screw driver to remove the screws from the inside of the frame and separate the two parts. The outer frame is stuck on with butyl tape. Remove everything and clean things up. Mark the inner and outer frams so they will go back in correctly and the screws holes line up.

Install new butyl tape on the frame and install the outer half. Screw the inner to the outer. Let the tape warm up and tighten the screws. If the tape oozes out just trim it  to the frame.  Make a bead of the urethane around the inner lip of the frame and set the window in it. Use some tape to keep it from shifting. Now install the glazing bead and cut it to length,

Glazing bead match your profile...https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Window-Seal

Window urethane...https://www.amazon.com/3M-08693-Urethane-Windshield-Cartridge/dp/B000RW1XCK

Butyl tape, look around it comes in 3 colors...https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-BT-1834-1-Butyl-Seal-Tape/dp/B001FCB4JS

Optional, this will keep the putty tape from accumulating guk, a small bead around the edge. NOTE this not self leveling lap sealant...https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-551LSW1-White-Non-Sag-Sealant/dp/B003YJLIW8/ref=pd_cp_263_3?pd_rd_w=mX8dV&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=ETXT565S1WDVFWZSD34E&pd_rd_r=27d7fe2b-f8e4-4f84-8ec3-ce5be6c82132&pd_rd_wg=lOwge&pd_rd_i=B003YJLIW8&psc=1&refRID=ETXT565S1WDVFWZSD34E

Ok, I see how my question was not clear. Sorry about that! I am looking for the channel that the window slides in (the fuzzy part)

The weep holes can probably be cut into whatever channel works.   Also, the screens glide on top of a U shaped piece of plastic (second pic above) I'm attaching clearer pics of the area and channel of the window. (You can see this channel part is disintegrated) I bought some fuzzy channel (pictured) but it seems too bulky. 

IMG_5011.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_8466.JPG

Plastic rail? at least measure your fuzzy seal and post the measurements. Give me something to go by. width and height. the U shaped screen clip is usually metal and they are on that site under screen parts. The screen doesn't really glide on it. It holds the screen in place so it doesn't fall out. 

Linda S