Hello all, have a 91 Toyota Winnebago with 3vze and auto box. It has transmission issues. Won't shift in to reverse, moves forward in neutral.

Which Toyota car from that era can I buy a used transmission from? Would a 88-92 Toyota Pickup transmission work? I know they are both a340e.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Huggi said:

Which Toyota car from that era can I buy a used transmission from?

EDIT:  Opps, I posted the info for the wrong transmission type (the A43D instead of the A340e), disregard the application data table I posted.  I guess this table tells you which vehicle does NOT have a transmission for you 🙂

2028105118_A43DapplicationToyota.JPG.6fbe973c0bc67b2e5cdb62a9b040b890.JPG

Edited by AtlantaCamper

Your transmission is an A340E and is found in a wide variety of Toyota vehicles. Pretty much anything that came with the 3.0 V6 would have this transmission, pickups, 4Runners and T100 trucks. They need to have been 2WD vehicles though

Linda S

Yup if I look at the Toyota company site I see 3 different A340E transmission models from 1988 to 1993. But I look at some of the other Toyota group sites and I see guys replacing them with no regard to the specific year and it's fine. Didn't think of the floor or dash thing. Transmissions on ebay don't even mention the shifter location. The dual wheel  truck those years didn't have floor shift as an option so it's hard for me to find one that does

Linda S

I'm a bit confused too. I took a picture of my transmissions label on the passenger side. Looks like the code is 3500-35630. When I look at transmissions for sale on eBay the number doesn't match up - for example (picture 9 in this listing)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332797715981

Does this make any difference?

IMG-20190903-WA0002.jpg

The "E" is electronic control and should not have a speedo cable. Toyota relied heavily on production dates and usually coach makers were a year ahead of the Toyota truck date.

• 3 months later...