Question About Sunrader Roof

Have a question about re-arching the roof on my 87 Sunrader.  I have a sagging roof that I need to raise.  I jacked the roof up under the AC area until it started creaking, at which point it looked like it more or less matched the arch at the front and rear of the roof.  However when viewed from the exterior there is still dip at the edge of the roof line.  My question, having never seen an original roof, is whether that dip is supposed to be there or whether I need to jack further.  I have attached some pictures to help clarify what I mean by the dip.  Thanks for any and all help.

IMG_7967.JPG

IMG_7968.JPG

IMG_7969.JPG

IMG_7970.JPG

There is only so much you can do to bend fiberglass.  That dip is so close to the edge and so even all around it will have almost no flexibility.  Seal everything else well and park on slight incline if you can. If it still seems to pool throw a long piece of cheesecloth up there with side hanging down. It will wick water away. I'll look at mine when I get home and post is I have same edge

Linda S

Linda, thanks for the reply. I was afraid that might be the case. At the moment I’ve got the ceiling jacked in the center of the ceiling using a roughly 2’x2’ piece of plywood to spread the load. I’ll try swapping it for a piece closer to the full width of the ceiling and see if I can’t get the edges up a bit more. 

Take a 2x4 on edge and put a 1" curve in top . Make it the full width of your house.

Sunrader put some ribs in their later models to support the roof A/C.

Yes a 1" drop from center. Make it a continuous curve. If you like the results then use the same curve on the bottom and make a 2" beam. Make one for each side of the A/C.

Hi Bobbo! I was up on the roof of my Sunrader over the weekend and for what its worth - I also have that dip next to the roof edges as well. 

I'll be starting the demo phase inside soon and I plan on adding interior roof supports then as there ain't much now. I'll keep ya posted.

• 3 months later...

I am going to put in I am going to put in 3 by 4 beams and the two by four with the one-inch curve as per the above suggestion as soon as I fix the leaks. The week's is this week's project before it rains and snows here!

• 1 month later...

Did you ever add in supports for your roof? I also have a sagging Sunrader roof and would love to see some pics or a description of how you addressed the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every single Sunrader roof I have ever seen has a slight concavity to it. Why the hell they didn't do the opposite escapes me. 

As for putting large beams inside to hold it up, like 3x4s?, yeah, I 'spose you could, but SRs are kinda lacking in headroom already.