Just finished phase 1 of the remodel. New FRP in the shower with Italian poplar and Baltic birch in the bath. It is so hard to work in tiny places!

Had to use a heatgun to remove the wallpaper that was stuck. Discovered that if you carefully apply heat to the wrinkled areas on the roof it reactivated the glue and shrinks the wallpaper back in place. A temporary solution but makes it look nice now. 

All of the plumbing and mechanical looked great! I verified my Horizon ST is aluminum framed as well. 

I tried to take a picture of the shower but none of the angles worked. Just a big field of white!

20190815_133008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see more. I have started my rehab on my 21 Sunrader.  I am lurking around here seeking design ideas.

Got the couch out and found so much decay I decide to gut the whole thing.  I am just deciding what to do about the shower. I definitely want one and it is not in bad shape. The wood above show is all decayed and smells.  I just did a search trying to see if anyone has had any luck taking a show out and getting it back in.  I like the look of your bathroom sink area.  I would like to know more.  I started blogging about my rehab on my website  jimtalkington.com

I used FRP and a specific FRP glue to adhere the pieces to my existing walls. I had no leaks to deal with.

I shrunk the base cabinet to give more room while sitting on the throne. 

• 4 months later...

Wow! This is beautifully done!

My rig was sold to me with the bathroom taken out, including black water tank, so the previous owners could install a secondary fuel tank. Where the toilet used to be, they added a captain's chair for their growing child. I had no idea the big window was original to the restroom! 

I think I may attempt a composting toilet, so I don't have to add a tank. Can anyone tell me if the sink in the bathroom uses the same pump switch as the one for the kitchen area? And if so, does leaving that on drain the battery? I was thinking about utilizing a "marine" foot pump-style, where you stomp a pedal to force water thru the spigot. Excited to see what remedy pans out.