Windshield Wiper Questions

AmyDC

Morning!!

Please see the attached pics of the state of my current windshield wipers on my 86 Sunrader. 

If you look closely, you can see that a previous owner installed windshield wipers that are actually too large for the windshield (in one of the pics you can see the right wiper goes over the windshield trim on the passenger side). Any idea what size wiper I should get to replace the current ones? Any particular brand/size ya'll recommend?

In addition, the middle "arm" (not sure if thats the right term) of the wipers is all rusted. The little plastic piece closest to the hood looks fine - just those "arms" that look no good. Have any of ya'll had this problem? Any idea how to fix or replace?

Thanks!

Amy

wwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

wwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

wwwwwwwww.jpg

wwwww.jpg

ww2re.jpg

wwre.jpg

It appears to me that no one has mentioned :  it is best to do the sanding, wire brushing, & painting the arms with them being removed from the vehicle. To do this lift the arms away from the glass to a stand up position, about 90 degrees...After lifting the arms away from the glass, the tension will be gone & then you can remove them ..  NOTE:::::::::::::::Before trying to remove them, cover your glass with a couple of heavy blanket's, just in case one of the arms gets away from you & hits the windshield. The arm with the blade removed can possibly crack your glass...With the tension removed, you can pry the arm from the attaching "pivot" using a screwdriver & a rolled up towel as a fulcrum to help in the process.....donnie

Everything Donnie said. There’s a flip open cover at the bottom of the arm. Lift this up to gain access to the release nut. Before removing the arm use a paint stick or nail polish to make an index mark on both the threaded shaft and the arm itself. This way the arm can go back in at the same location without needing adjustment.

Many times the arm will be frozen to the shaft. A little WD40 or similar lubricant allowed to sit for awhile should make the arm removal easier.