Entry Door light fixture

jb50hb

I would appreciate it if someone on the Forum could tell me who provided the entry door light fixture on the Dolphin or SeaBreeze motor-homes The fixtire had a plastic piece which covered the light bulb at the top of the fixture. The plastic snapped

into the fixture and was  easily broken with age and exposure to the elements. Actually, my fixture is okay and a just want to find a source for the plastic part

Thanks very much 

Jack

16 hours ago, jb50hb said:

I would appreciate it if someone on the Forum could tell me who provided the entry door light fixture on the Dolphin or SeaBreeze motor-homes The fixtire had a plastic piece which covered the light bulb at the top of the fixture. The plastic snapped

into the fixture and was  easily broken with age and exposure to the elements. Actually, my fixture is okay and a just want to find a source for the plastic part

Thanks very much 

Jack

Hi if yours is the Old Reflect-O-Light door handle you cannot find a replacement lens unfortunately. The ones they sell on eBay or Amazon will Not fit the older unit! Have to fabricate one.

13 minutes ago, markwilliam1 said:

the Old Reflect-O-Light door handle you cannot find a replacement lens unfortunately

For the porch assist handle grab light fixtures with the screw down lens covers that have no new replacement options, does anyone know of an affordable and available new fixture that I could use as a full replacement?

$80 plus shipping is a bit steep for this kind of thing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/113770886243

I'll do as markwilliam1 suggested and fabricate one if I can't find a new replacement option.

This is mine in it's current condition:

IMG_20190813_104335.jpg.ba5ba3a3a7ca831960a80929b296a1e8.jpg

I hate that I'm giving you this advice because I generally don't like to go to RV repair places; they are EXPENSIVE, but in this case...

I had my 1990 Dolphin worked on, and my light fixture/grab handle looks exactly like yours and all I needed was the light lens (not the entire thing).  It's just a cover that snaps on.  The RV place got me one for $12, I don't know where they got it, and then wanted to charge .25 hours to "install it" (pop it in in one second).  I'm sure you can just have them order it for you, so maybe that's an option..?  Just call an RV place nearby?

AtlantaCamper it is so strange that you have the old style handle. Sunrader starting using the one with no screw in 85 or 86 and I have never seen an old style on anything newer. Is it possible a previous owner replaced it at some time? I know some people have cut a new lens from a milk jug that worked well. 

Linda S

If I had (and knew how to use) a 3-D printer, I'd set up a cottage industry making the old style covers. :)

"... a new lens from a milk jug that worked well."

Might functionally work well, but still looks like a cut up milk jug. I've seen more pleasing looking results with a trimmed down interior light lens.

29 minutes ago, linda s said:

so strange that you have the old style handle

Yea, I thought the same thing after reading about the type most others have.  I don't see any indication that it was replaced, but who knows. 

I like your idea of using a milk jug or similar.  I'll cut out a piece of plastic from something like that with a kind-of-similar pre-molded shape and screw it down.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, AtlantaCamper said:

For the porch assist handle grab light fixtures with the screw down lens covers that have no new replacement options, does anyone know of an affordable and available new fixture that I could use as a full replacement?

$80 plus shipping is a bit steep for this kind of thing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/113770886243

I'll do as markwilliam1 suggested and fabricate one if I can't find a new replacement option.

This is mine in it's current condition:

IMG_20190813_104335.jpg.ba5ba3a3a7ca831960a80929b296a1e8.jpg

I bought the one listed on eBay and installed it on Grannie before I sold her to Ben. Expensive but Very Nice. Uses the snap in lens.

• 2 years later...

Reviewing this old posts as I have the same light fixture on my rig. The lense just broke to pieces. I tried making one from a milk carton but have not suceeded. Yet !!

Looking for ideas. Thank you.

Thank you all. I ordered the one from Walmart. Thank you Linda. You are the best.