Hi seem to have a problem starting my 1989 Toyota dolphin with V6 and auto box. Battery went flat when I went to charge up it I found out it was incapable of holding charge. Got new battery with even more starting power due to new technology. Engine will not turn over and wipers won't work. Everything else is working perfectly. Have checked fuse box in engine bay no blown fuses. Is there a fusebox in cab to check. Have removed 1990's alarm as this bodged wired in. Does anyone have any advice on where to start. Am now thinking starter circuit or starter motor but that won't explain non working wiper motor. Starter motor looks like a challenge to get to provided it's under passenger side exhaust manifold. May also have a broken high voltage cable to fuse box. Not sure how to test ampage got multi meter and can test volts. Being an auto could be a dodgy switch on auto box. Where is switch on box to test. Sorry for long post but all info might be important. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance David

Usually the wiper motor circuit is the feed for the isolator relay that may explain a couple of your problems. The fuse would be in your truck fuse panel it should be a 15 amp fuse. 

Hi maineah first thing I did was check fuses but will do another one. Might even try new fuse as I think originals are still fitted. For what a fuse costs it would be silly not to try a new one. Now is this the fuse box under bonnet or is there another one in cab somewhere. 

Thanks

Dave

Testing my memory I think there is one in the drivers kick panel also. This is where a cheap test light comes in the plastic fuses are hard to check with out one.

Hi maineah will check drivers side kick panel as that's the only bit I have not removed in cab. Got multimeter to test voltage across fuse fittings. I'll get a selection of new fuses on way to where my toy is stored. As 40 mile round trip to buy some is a something I could do without also be useful to have some just in case.  

Thanks

Dave

Hi found fuse box in kick panel fuses look brand new. None blown. Have found issues with fusebox wiring. When I was checking battery and ground leads I found I electrical nightmare of bodged wiring. Wrong guage one copper one steel joined together.IMG_20190814_175854.jpg.69fbe83e916156246259ab3202d15bfa.jpg See photo below that's the alternator lead from battery to 80amp fuse in fusebox. Then there is cut wires joined together at bottom of fuse box. Plenty of wiring to sort out before testing starter circuit or starter motor.  Knew buying a multimeter would prove useful one day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well got a dry spell to sort fusebox and bodged wire. Started first turn of key. A bit lumpy expect that's down to spark plug I can't remove. Wipers still don't work but will test for power to wiper motor and work from there. Glad I don't have to to remove starter motor yet.