Generator falling out

So I took my Rig out to Desert Creek over the weekend. the trip ends with 6.3 miles of pretty rough dirt road. When I arrived I noticed my Onan Generator box dang near falling out. has anyone had this happen to their rigs? my generator came stock with my unit. as its falling down its also pulling my driver side wall out. I was able to make it home so that's good.

I plan on pulling all the aluminum and pulling the generator out for its almost 200lbs and I don't use it much anyways. I figure I'll make a new box and fix the wall. and maybe pick up a ultra quiet Generator down the road if I miss it.

Yes my Nova Star did I reinforced it with angle brackets. The generators are quite heavy they need all the support they can get.

so I got the generator out. (a 3k onan genset) think I could sell it? I don't want to put it back in.

Also I haven't got all the siding off the coach yet but I got to say the box feels solid (no movement) but its diffidently hanging low and making the wall bow out. the wall has also pulled away from the sink counter top some.

My plan is to pull the metal siding off, cut out any rotted wood framing and replace reattach the wall to the counter and get the generator box setting back up into place. I hope I don't mess this up. I have all the recepticals off the driver side and doors removed and I have taken off the 3 bottom rows of siding and I'm getting nervous.

I got all the wood tools I feel ill need, I got brad nail gun, a staple gun ( shoot up to 2 inch staples)

this can be done and if I'm careful the siding can go back up right?

anyone have any input on something I should take note of or do to improve the RV?

2 hours ago, 86Dolphino said:

so I got the generator out. (a 3k onan genset) think I could sell it? I don't want to put it back in.

It worth around $300, because its an Onan. If it was a Kohler you would have to pay some to take it.

20190809_180650.jpg

You can see the generator box on the top end leaning out. But it wont move back in 

Its coming along pretty good

20190811_153507.jpg

My 59 Rambler American wanted to say hi haha

20190811_153532.jpg

Edited by 86Dolphino

21 hours ago, linda s said:

Your car is beautiful. Bet you were a hit at Hot August Nights

Linda S

Thank you Linda,

Ive owned it since I was 18, 18 years now. I've taken it to HAN every year for almost 18 years now and I've never seen another one. everywhere I go people just love it.