Any for sale in Maine?

MaineJed

Hello All,

Glad to have found this forum! Been looking for a Toyota Camper for sale in Maine for a bit now, I see a few forum members live in this great state and may have one or know of one for sale locally? Any help would be appreciated! My daily driver is a 94 Toyota 2wd pickup 183k.

Well you could contact Erik and see if he still has this

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/11582-any-lists-of-toyota-motorhomes-that-are-under-20/&tab=comments#comment-108567

I do see a few on Maine craigslist but don't even bother with the ones that are 1501 or weird low prices. They are scams

This Escaper looks really nice for the price and isn't too far

https://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/d/manchester-toyota-escape/6944958180.html

Linda S

Going to look at a 87 Coachman with 50k miles for $3500 on friday. We were looking for a 89 and newer V6 but this is suppose to be clean and all in working order.  Anyone have thoughts on the 87 Coachman and what to lookout for? Thanks

• 5 months later...

Just moved to Maine from San Diego in our 1991 Warrior V6 - considering selling but it would have to be the right price. We have rebuilt the engine and done all engine work so it is like new as far as all of the mechanicals. Lets talk if you're interested. I'll attach a few photos of Lucille and our adventures. 

Charles and Melissa

SBIA8bTbSjmZfkjuj9aSig.jpg

IBPaYqhNRdKSqyNctO40cw.jpg

IMG_2512.JPG

WELkeGSISNub9Ga6YLF0yw.jpg

Tna+D+UXSpagPvWpoBQx9A.jpg

We aren’t even sure we really want to sell her.  I just happened to peek on the site and saw Maine on the top post and threw it out there. We bought it for $9,000 and put over $20,000 into it over two years.  I don’t really have an asking price as of yet but the right price and person could sway us to say goodbye.  

BCDDE4D3-8450-4AE7-987E-A485DAA55962.jpeg

F049FD59-E179-42A5-BCF5-F438E5393CF0.jpeg

CF9BEA69-5D90-4E20-A36B-EEC0994DA98B.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Still on the look for one, I've looked at a few in this state, Maine, but nothing purchased yet. I am going to expand my search area to New England. We want a 92 -94, great condition, no issues etc. Thanks for all your help!

Edited by MaineJed

36 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Condition is priority #1. Why limit yourself? Why not 'any V6'?

True and I may have to, it may be stupid but in 92 Toyota came up with the symbol we see on the front grill replacing the words, TOYOTA. I own now a 94 2wd Toyota and have owned 20+ 2wd Yota's over the years. And it would be cool to have the same in a camper. I would be open to a 89-91 because you are correct that condition is priority #1. I'm a weirdo Toyota nut!!

That grille with the word TOYOTA can be replaced easily with the toyota oval logo. Did you notice some the new Toyota comes back with the wording instead?

If you’re considering any motorhome based in Maine (or any New England state) keep in mind that salt is used yearly on the roadways. Rust loves salt. The Toyota frames are made of light gage steel.Any potential purchase should include a total frame inspection.

I purchased my 1978/79 in Maine, but it spent the first 20 years in Atlanta,Georgia . Frame was totally clean.

19 hours ago, Nam said:

That grille with the word TOYOTA can be replaced easily with the toyota oval logo. Did you notice some the new Toyota comes back with the wording instead?

Great point, good idea!

45 minutes ago, fred heath said:

If you’re considering any motorhome based in Maine (or any New England state) keep in mind that salt is used yearly on the roadways. Rust loves salt. The Toyota frames are made of light gage steel.Any potential purchase should include a total frame inspection.

I purchased my 1978/79 in Maine, but it spent the first 20 years in Atlanta,Georgia . Frame was totally clean.

I agree and a good overall inspection including through frame inspection will be done for sure. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Finally found our new motorhome. 70k miles, bought it from the original family. Needs a timing belt, which is no issues for me to do, as well as the various small issues that come up but we are wicked happy with it. Thanks everyone who put me onto other leads etc. that’s my daily driver in the pic.

43318939-CBAA-4651-BD2E-5A0C8CBC450A.jpeg

DC75739A-DF60-46BF-84E4-01532D6D607B.jpeg

89157693-1860-406D-8C4F-1F908314A3F9.jpeg

386B9E30-1132-476F-B59E-F3F358FE59A3.jpeg

333737D0-1503-408E-97E8-F2ED342C729B.jpeg

E46D19C6-CC23-4DE4-9DA3-58D56F831BB8.jpeg

CONGRATZ. nice looking rig. i noticed the rear bumper is not what is usually found on most of "our" rv's. it has a a more "stylized" look. very cool. wondering if the drain hose for the sewage tank is stored within the bumper as i believe most bumpers are designed to accommodate ? good luck with your rig. joe from dover.

3 hours ago, hunkaman said:

... the rear bumper is not what is usually found on most of "our" rv's. it has a a more "stylized" look.

Dolphin/Sea Breeze were the only ones to offer a 'body kit' starting in 1991. Looks nice, the parts are molded plastic and virtually impossible to replace when they break.

1991 Dolphin - Body Kit.jpg

49 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Dolphin/Sea Breeze were the only ones to offer a 'body kit' starting in 1991. Looks nice, the parts are molded plastic and virtually impossible to replace when they break.

1991 Dolphin - Body Kit.jpg

I’ll try and remember that when I think I can make it through or over tight spaces!

58 minutes ago, ednelson100 said:

How much?

for the sewer hose?

We paid $1500 for it, like I said I need to do a timing belt and repair small water leaks. Overall great condition for 27 years old.

I think you got a good deal. In Cal. It would have listed for over 20. Prices are going up on these things every year.