blown tire quarter repair.

T.Myhre

Newbie here. Recently bought a 1988 Sunrader and I somehow did not notice some body damage due to the joy of finding my Sunrader. This is my 3rd Toy. MH. On the pass. side lower rear quarter there is a piece missing from the wheel well back to just above the entry steps. Kinda triangular. About 5" high by the flair, approx. 20" long and 3" high above the steps. Does any body have a toy they are parting out and willing to take a sawsall to it and send me a slightly oversize repair piece ? Thanks, Tim.

was hoping someone knew of a Sunrader with severe damage to the drivers side. Not a hole. Just missing the lower 5" or so. Thanks Linda.

Linda- Yeah. I did not notice it till it was in my driveway. I would prolly make it more obvious with a shadetree repair. Maybe I should trim the fender flair to match the cutoff line ?

<80000 miles. 22Re with auto. Kohler Gennie. Everything works but water heater. Bypassed it because a PO did not drain the tank and it burst from ice. Been looking for a Sunrader for years ! I am a happy camper !

56 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

You'll regret hacking up the fender flare at some point. That looks like an easy repair.

I agree with Derek.  Leave it alone until you have a plan to repair it properly.  Don't cut more.   Until then it is only a minor blemish to an otherwise really good looking '88 'rader.  I've also got an '88 'Rader with a rear entry, although my bath and kitchen are swapped compared to yours.  Yours looks great and looks ready to provide you with a lot of good times.  (if you want to know how to convert the lower fold out sofa-bench into a king sized bed, let me know...)

In this discussion topic you will find some ideas about how you might color match some epoxy repair material.  Maybe once you figure out how to build a proper fiberglass repair base you can color match a top coat using these tips:

Marine Tex:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014419V0/

I'd suggest that you buy the Marine Tex kit (~$15) and some powdered mica colors to tint the epoxy.  The tints can be found in the range of $10 to $15 at Amazon or Ebay.  It would be enough to do that whole section if you had a roughed-in base layer shape already in place. I have no idea how to do the fiberglass repair to do the base layer though.

^^^^^^^^^^^ I have used Marine Tex for many repairs when I was into boats for 15 years. I even fixed big holes in engine blocks with it. Great stuff.. I believe now that I should leave well enough alone. Only cosmetic. Thanks to all for your advice. Tim.