Hilux in America?

linda s

I passed a truck today that was marked Hilux. It was a single cab truck with a permanently attached enclosed utility bed. Just checked and you can't buy a single cab Tacoma apparently so it must have been a real Hilux. Front end had the more streamlined Hilux look too.  Truck looked brand new. Is it possible?

Linda S

Looked brand new as in a 2018ish body style? 

Well I looked at new Hilux compared to Tacoma when I got home. The Hilux has a different hood slope. Looked like a brand new Hilux. That name on the side appeared to be the real deal. Not  speck of dirt on it and I live in a back woods kind of town. Any clean car looks out of place

Linda S

Look at the hood here. Not a Tacoma hood. Besides there are no single cab Tacoma's and haven't been for quite a while. He turned into an industrial area and I lost him. I will keep my eyes open and sooner or later I will find him

Image result for 2019 hilux cab and chassis

It's probably a Mexican truck.  We see these, and the Nissan Frontier come across from Mexico quite a bit.  In Mexico, both of these (especially the Nissan) are used a lot as delivery vehicles so many of them are have flat beds, cooler boxes, etc...  Mexico has not had the Tacoma, only Hilux, and they have had the Frontier (AKA Navara) new body style for a few years.  That style is coming to the US in the 2020 Frontier.

Somewhat related, my USPS person showed up in an imported turbo diesel land cruiser the other day. My jaw dropped! 

IMG_1171.JPG.a85c30f15316111e3de31f1ef8e5815a.JPG