Looking for roof/ceiling advice

justescape

My 1986 Escaper has leaks.  Not exactly sure where, I suspect the vents at least.  The ceiling inside is soggy, the floor is soggy.  Not sure about the walls yet.  We are planing to replace the ceiling, floors, walls and sealing the roof somehow.  I've posted a photo of the current state inside the camper, and a close up of the roof from the inside.  It looks like the ceiling is made up of thin wood then foam board then more thin wood.  Any suggestions for replacing the ceiling? is there a better way to build it or insulate it?  Can I do this without removing the roof?  I've put a photo of the roof below.  I figure it's best for us to reseal the roof before rebuilding the inside.  Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_4535.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

hello there, to be clear, i am not an expert, but the photos seem to indicate you are looking at a complete roof replacement. my 92 winnie warrior had a complete new roof in 2016 due to water damage, and the damage to my rig did not appear to be as severe as yours. my roof job was covered by insurance and done by an rv shop locally. the bill for the entire roof including new vents, and new ceiling was close to 5k.  sorry if i am raining on your parade, just thought i would give you my experience for something to ponder. hope the best for your future. joe from dover.

4 hours ago, hunkaman said:

hello there, to be clear, i am not an expert, but the photos seem to indicate you are looking at a complete roof replacement. my 92 winnie warrior had a complete new roof in 2016 due to water damage, and the damage to my rig did not appear to be as severe as yours. my roof job was covered by insurance and done by an rv shop locally. the bill for the entire roof including new vents, and new ceiling was close to 5k.  sorry if i am raining on your parade, just thought i would give you my experience for something to ponder. hope the best for your future. joe from dover.

wow...what insurance company do you have?   I'm really surprised they would cover that!

• 1 year later...

This post is pretty old and he didn't answer it back then. I'm guessing he just got really lucky and had an inexperienced insurance agent that put the cause in wrong. Sudden damage like a tree falling would be covered by most full coverage insurance but water damage is usually racked up to neglect and they don't cover that. Welcome to the group. Yes you know me. I'm Linda S on all of the sites I'm on. We've talked in the past. So what's up with your roof

Linda S

Might be good to start your own thread. Lots of people here have done roof work. They will help with whatever you need

• 2 months later...