Honda generators

Just a heads up to you Honda 2200 generator owners there is recall for fuel leaking from the shut off valve.

• 3 months later...

and also a note to those that own the new totally awesome Ryobi generator with Blue Tooth smart phone voltage dashboard and shut off control... Same leak also as its got the same Honda motor.

I'm BAaaaAAAAAck!

I just bought the Ryobi for just over $600. Its a Honda 2200 licensed far cheaper and with FAR greater features and the same Honda quietness. Also picked up the Ryobi power washer which also has the Honda gas motor from Hondas power washers too but also is strangely only 2/3 the price of the Honda main brand. Why did I buy this? well the old HF genny I had been so faithfully running with finally died; or so I thought. Turned out my buddy left the gas cap off in a rain storm and the gas tank was full of water. after emptying it and draining the carbs its back to life also; so I have dedicated the Ryobi to the Toyota and the HF has been permanently moved to the hunting grounds.

Its funny, when I was shopping for the Ryobi genny they actually had one for sale that was "reconditioned" after being returned for the leaking fuel shut off valve for half off. In retrospect I should have grabbed that one was only $300 marked down but came with no returns or warranty so I paid full price. now I have to get the shut off replaced ugh.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, Totem said:

and also a note to those that own the new totally awesome Ryobi generator with Blue Tooth smart phone voltage dashboard and shut off control... Same leak also as its got the same Honda motor.

I'm BAaaaAAAAAck!

I just bought the Ryobi for just over $600. Its a Honda 2200 licensed far cheaper and with FAR greater features and the same Honda quietness. Also picked up the Ryobi power washer which also has the Honda gas motor from Hondas power washers too but also is strangely only 2/3 the price of the Honda main brand. Why did I buy this? well the old HF genny I had been so faithfully running with finally died; or so I thought. Turned out my buddy left the gas cap off in a rain storm and the gas tank was full of water. after emptying it and draining the carbs its back to life also; so I have dedicated the Ryobi to the Toyota and the HF has been permanently moved to the hunting grounds.

Its funny, when I was shopping for the Ryobi genny they actually had one for sale that was "reconditioned" after being returned for the leaking fuel shut off valve for half off. In retrospect I should have grabbed that one was only $300 marked down but came with no returns or warranty so I paid full price. now I have to get the shut off replaced ugh.

I think you'll find it is a Honda engine copy they look the same.